Well first and foremost I have to thank Valerie at Atlanta Mom of Three for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. 🙂 It’s always nice to get a reminder that people are out there reading and enjoying my blog. Definitely check her blog out! It’s always an interesting read! 🙂
7 Random Facts About Me
1. A currently work as a government contractor in the accounting field, and I am a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) – but I am seriously considering completely changing careers to work in nutrition. It’s hard to think about giving up something I worked so hard for, but I also think it’s important to have a job you love (or at least like sometimes).
2. One of my favorite songs is “American Pie” by Don McLean and my mom and I have sung it a capella (and in public places) several times over the years.
3. I was a long-time art student before I decided to give it up for a “real major” in Accounting. I still have several of my pieces of art hanging up around my house. My logic was that art was something I could always do on the side as a hobby, but other than some craft projects, I rarely do anything artistic anymore.
4. I currently have five tattoos – and plan on getting a few more. Each one has a very specific, personal meaning to me.
5. I’m thinking about signing up for a 10k in October, but part of me is convinced I’m too slow and I’ll be the last one to cross the finish line – so I haven’t signed up yet.
6. I absolutely love playing Scrabble. It is simultaneously one of the most satisfying and frustrating games on the planet.
7. I wish I had a theme song, and if I did it would be “Super Freak” by Rick James. That song is my jam.
I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit more about me! Please check out the other bloggers as well 🙂