I’ve heard many people refer to a “fitness bucket list” – I think mostly in the theoretical sense. They have an internal list or idea of the fitness goals they want to accomplish. Well, in true OCD fashion I’m going to write out an actual list. As a way to hold myself accountable, track my goals and progress, and hopefully inspire some conversation! 🙂
Fitness Bucket List
– Complete a mud run
– Complete a Ragnar Relay-style race (please if anyone is interested in forming a team, let me know! :-))
– Hold ‘Crow’ for three solid breaths
– Hold ‘Bird of Paradise’ (bent leg) for three solid breaths (each side) Accomplished 10/27/2013!
– Hold ‘Bird of Paradise’ (straight leg) for three solid breaths (each side)
– Hold ‘Wheel’ pose for three solid breaths Accomplished 10/20/2013!
– Hold a Tripod Headstand/Forearm Balance for three solid breaths
– Hold a Handstand away from the wall
– Get my heels to the floor in Downward Facing Dog (darn tight hamstrings!)
– Get my toes to the floor in Plow pose
– Do one unassisted chin up (underhand)
– Do one unassisted pull up (overhand)
– Do 10 “real” pushups consecutively Completed and absolutely smashed on 1/8 at my GRIT pre test!
– Try stand-up paddle boarding
– Try kayaking
– Attend a food/fitness Blogger conference
– Become a Fitfluential Ambassador
I’m sure I’ll add more as time goes on and I (hopefully!) check some of these off the list. Now it’s your turn: what are your “fitness bucket list” items? Have you completed any of the above? Anyone want to run a relay with me? 🙂
I’m also very excited to announce that I am officially a Sweat Pink Ambassador! 🙂 I’m so excited to be working with a group of such strong, motivated women! Check out their button in the side bar for all the details.
Happy early Fourth of July everyone! I hope you have a safe and happy holiday!
Last month I fell off the wagon a little bit with my Triceps challenge. The last part of the month was hectic with travel and after discovering my hotel gym didn’t have weights – I sort of gave up. It’s definitely something I’m going to have to try again in the future because my triceps are still very weak.
For the month of July I decided to focus on the core – because having a strong core will improve everything from my running to my yoga practice. I also included some graphics from Real Simple so the exercises are clearly displayed. Play along and let’s all use the month of July to strengthen our core!
I’ve seen a lot of those monthly fitness challenge calendars on Pinterest and I think they’re pretty neat – although I feel like I rarely find one for the current month before that month starts! 🙂 I also have never seen one for my most-hated body part – the triceps! Good triceps really make or break nice, toned arms. Personally, I think my triceps are terrible and I know I don’t get enough opportunities to work them out. So I created my own June Triceps Challenge! 🙂 I wanted to share it with you all in case you want to play along.
Quick note: these exercises are relatively short and focus solely on the arms so they are in addition to my regular weekly work-outs.